InventorEd, Inc. Presents:

What To Do If You Have Been Scammed 
By An Invention Promoter

Click here to break out of Frame

PLEASE Support InventorEd

Your Donation Helps

Blue bar graphic divides sectins of the page

For ALL People Who Have Been Scammed

Regardless of what country you are in.

1) Go to Rip-off Report and post your story.  This is a high traffic web site which is used as a resource by media, the authorities, and consumers alike. Rip-of Report logo

2) Call the National Fraud Center 1-800-876-7060 or use their Online Incident Report Form to automatically send your complaint to the FTC, DOJ, and the appropriate state attorney generals.

3) File a complaint about the patent attorney or agent with the office of Enrollment & Discipline of the USPTO at: .

4) See "How do I register a complaint against an invention promotion firm with the USPTO?" and also fill out the form at .

5) File a complaint with the state Attorney General of your state and also in the state where the invention promoter does business. See: National Association of Attorney Generals

6) Take your story to local media.  Generally media need a local "hook" to do a story.  You are the "hook".  Go to newspapers, TV, radio news and talk shows.  By doing so you save others from the same fate, and media exposure often will drive the promoter to refund your money in order to stop you from continuing to drive additional stories about the promoter.  Often a story will bring other victims forward.  To identify media in your area see

Blue bar graphic divides sectins of the page

If you are in Canada

Call the Canadian Industrial Innovation Centre at (519) 885-5870.  Their web site: File complaints with the appropriate Canadian authorities ! ! !  They can advise you about how and where to file those complaints Don't forget to file the complaints as detailed in items 1-5 above.  YES, it is worth the trouble to file with American authorities! 

New resource for Canadian inventors: Where Canadians can go to complain about invention promotion companies.

Contact: Competition Bureau (Canada)
Phone: 1-800-348-5358
Make sure you receive a complaint file number.

Write a letter to: Your Federal M.P. in your riding. Solicitor General Wayne
Easter in Ottawa.  Justice Minister Martin Cauchon in Ottawa.

(Name of M.P.)
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A6
(no postage necessary) 

Write a letter to:

1.Your provincial MLA
2. Your provincial solicitor general
3. Your provincial justice minister

Send a letter telling your story about your dealings with these companies.  You can send the same letter to all the government members. Call Phonebusters to file a complaint. 1-888-495-8501

Special recognition for their efforts to help fellow Canadians goes to: 

Bob Huehn
Pro Inventor Associates
Sauble Beach  ON Canada
Joyce Oberg
Box 508,
Killam, Alberta, Canada

Sources of Information

Blue bar graphic divides sectins of the page

If You Are In The United States

FTC's consumer information center

Blue bar graphic divides sectins of the page

And Regardless Of Where You Are Located



See National Fraud Center/

Join Our State By State Campaign To Stop Fraud

Blue bar graphic divides sectins of the page

Other Resources:

Association of Certified Fraud Examiners

Blue bar graphic divides sectins of the page

Have you been Scammed?
Find out what to do here.
Please Notify Us Of Any Errors Of Fact - Click ErrorOfFact

Blue bar graphic divides sectins of the page

Site Index - Contact Us - InventorEd, Inc., Page last revised 3-18-2005

Animated picture of wallet with money flying away. Another Inventor Victimized By Invention Promoters